Saturday, January 4, 2014

Kate's "Devine" Hat

I needed a new hat.  The one I made for myself last year is a little big and has a brim which may occasionally impede my line of sight when I'm driving. . . not a good combo. 

So I made the Devine hat from Rheatheylia.com.  It may have taken three attempts to get it right but it fits well now.  And just in time for our brutal temperatures arriving on Monday (high of -5°F)

My littlest helper ran away with the wrapper from my yarn so I'm not sure which brand or colour I used, but it was worsted weight. To account for my loose technique, I used a g hook for the body of the hat and e hook for the ribbing. I ran out of yarn so the ribbing ending up being as follows:
Round 1: SC around
Round 2: DC around
Round 3: Front Post DC in one stitch, Back Post DC in next stitch, around
Round 4: SC around


No comments:

Post a Comment