Sunday, February 16, 2014

Throwback Post: My First Blanket

The project I've just finished is a secret until it reaches its recipient so here's a throwback post in the meantime:

December 2011

This was a blanket for baby Tenley (who is now two!).  It's made up of hexagons in Caron Simply Soft in White.  I've learned over the years that blankets get heavy quickly so if I did it again I'd use a light weight yarn but I was very pleased with it as a first attempt.  It was time consuming but a great on the go project as I only had to have a "square" or two with me at a time.

I followed the Pinwheels pattern from the book Make One For Baby.  I used an E/4-3.5mm hook and as my motifs turned out bigger than the pattern I'm sure I made less than the 52 stated in the pattern but honestly can't remember.



No comments:

Post a Comment